Skip to main content
Donate to Scholarship
Webinar - What SDVOSBs and VOSBs Need to Know
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) recently amended their Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) regulations, effective October 1, 2018. These amendments consolidate responsibility for ownership and control rules with SBA. The VA, meanwhile, will continue to be responsible for verifying whether the individuals under which a contractor can apply for VOSB or SDVOSB status are, in fact, veterans or service-disabled veterans. Challenges to a contractor’s status as a VOSB or SDVOSB based on issues of ownership or control will are now consolidated under the SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA). These new regulations provide for a consistent set of ownership and control rules. However, they also substantially change certain ownership and control requirements which may lay traps for the unwary.
Please join David Black and Mitchell Bashur from Holland & Knight for a discussion on what SDVOSBs and VOSBs need to know to meet these new changed requirements.
This timely webinar will help you understand:
• The creation of new ownership and control rebuttable presumptions that non-service-disabled veterans control the company
• The limitation on permissible “extraordinary circumstances” in which a minority investor may exercise negative control
• The standardization of exceptions for employee stock option plans and surviving spouses
• Changes to requirements for business forms for SDVOSBs/VOSBs
• The creation of new rules for appeals of VA SDVOSB/VOSB status challenges
If you are a premier member, strategic partner, executive member or keystone, you receive complimentary attendance to all webinars as part of your membership. Please contact Michael Hanafin at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy of this webinar.
Discounted member price:
You could save:
False Claims Act Webinar
Procurement Collusion Strike Force Webinar
Hot Topics in FSS Contracting
GSA Schedules Consolidation Meeting...
Contractors' Rights and Remedies in the Wake of...
Public Law Pricing Updates for Covered Drugs...