The scale of government spending for pandemic relief and stimulus programs is unprecedented. Multiple new oversight and investigative bodies have been established, including the Special Inspector General for Pandemic Relief. DOJ has made it clear that Pandemic related fraud is its top priority. Qui Tam plaintiffs’ counsel are geared up and looking for new whistleblower cases.
This webinar will provide insights from attorneys experienced in investigating and prosecuting fraud in government programs and also defending companies in investigations, civil fraud and criminal fraud litigation, and suspension/debarment actions. They will discuss how these investigations work, what types of issues head the list, steps companies can take now to protect themselves. The panelists include the former Chief Investigative Counsel for the TARP bailout and leading prosecutor in securities fraud cases, a former senior executive AUSA who focuses on Cyber fraud and Congressional investigations, and a team of lawyers who advise and companies participating in federal programs and defend actions involving programs across the government.
- Marcia Madsen, Partner Mayer Brown LLP
- David Dowd, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Marcus Christian, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Richard Rosenfeld, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Luke Levasseur, Counsel, Mayer Brown, LLP
Topics to be covered include:
Investigations – Here Comes the Regulatory Scrutiny
- The Various Stimulus Oversight Bodies
- SIGPR - What Authority and Actions to Date
- What to do Now to Prepare for Inevitable Investigations
The False Claims Act – An Enhanced Tool to Pursue Pandemic & Stimulus Fraud
- The Standard of Knowledge – Care Alternatives and Competing Expert Opinions
- Cochise – the Longer Statute of Limitations and Pursuit of Pandemic Fraud
- DOJ's Focus – Stimulus spending, Cybersecurity, and Use of Data Analytics
- Cooperation Credit – How Will It Be Used?
The Target – Stimulus Programs
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Main Street Lending
- Impact of False Representations, Misuse of Funds, False Certifications to Obtain Loan Forgiveness
A Different Calculus for Commercial Items?
- Effects on GSA Schedules and Commercial Item Contracts
A Prosecutor’s Perspective
- SIGPR Agreements with US Attorney’s Offices
- Do Contractors Receive Greater Scrutiny?
- Parallel Proceedings – What is the Risk?
Suspension and Debarment - A Heightened Focus on Pandemic & Stimulus Fraud?
- Disclosure – When and to Whom?
- Multiple Agency Involvement
If your pricing does not match the membership level, please contact Michael Hanafin at email@example.com.
Keystone: Unlimited Complimentary
Executive/Strategic Partner: Unlimited Complimentary
Premier: Unlimited Complimentary
Government: Unlimited Complimentary